Summer Opportunities & Internships
Wow. You're a college student, and so you have lots of skills. Why not use them during the summer? Better yet, why not do something that will also help you determine what you want to do later in life?
- If you want to know what research is like, check out the NSF's Research Experiences for Undergraduates program. If you're thinking of graduate school, trying an REU is almost a must! They're lots of fun, and you get paid, too.
- There's a summer program for women at Carleton College and we have a personal XU testimonial!
- The American Mathematical Society has a list of summer programs and a list of internships.
- Summer Internship List at PhDs.org
- What if you want some teaching experience? Try looking at some of these high-school enrichment programs---many of them hire undergrads to assist with teaching or homework.
Note that the above information is all national-type programs. More locally, we have...
- Some CS co-op info can be found on the CS Co-op page.
- Many insurance companies are interested in hiring mathematics students for summer internships. Call a few and just ask them whether they have positions.
- The College of Mount St. Joseph runs a Summer Honors Institute. You might ask them if they hire undergraduates or know of similar local programs that do.
- Of course, you