Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) offer students a chance to do research in mathematics at many sites around the U.S. The summer programs include room and board and a stipend. For students considering graduate school, an REU is almost a must.
- NSF's search page for an REU site
- NSF's REU sites for Mathematical Sciences
- The American Mathematical Society REU summer programs
- Carnegie Mellow Summer REU in statistics
Internships & Co-Ops
- The American Mathematical Society Internships & Co-Op Opportunities (Note: Deadlines for summer programs usually occur during the previous Fall or Winter)
- The American Statistical Association Internships
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Student Internships
- Xavier University Noyce Summer Internship Program (See below)
Noyce Summer Internship
Don't forget that the Noyce Summer Internship Application is now open - we invite all first and second year STEM students to apply. You do not need experience teaching, nor do you need to be interested in teaching as a career. A heart for service and your subject is all you need! The 2017 internship will run from June to August; those placed with Breakthrough Cincinnati will begin 6/12 and end 8/11; those placed with our on-campus camps will begin 6/5 and end 8/4. For more information and to apply please visit: Xavier University Noyce Summer Internship Program All application materials are due the Monday before Spring Break.
First and second year students with a passion for service are strongly encouraged to apply. The first week of the program will include a STEM-teaching boot camp. Students will live on the Xavier University campus, receiving room and board (including $750 food stipend) as well as a $400/week stipend. During the internship, students will keep journals and meet with mentors to reflect upon their experiences. Faculty and staff from the STEM departments, Education Department and Community Building Institute will work with students to expand their knowledge and interest in teaching inner-city/at-risk students.