XU.tutor USE: Covers plagiarism and copyright
This tutorial will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Student Learning Outcome
The information literate student will be able to USE and manage information
appropriately, ethically and legally.
This tutorial will teach you how to:
- Avoid plagiarizing
- Cite sources consistently using appropriate document style
- Understand intellectual property, copyright and fair use
Table of Contents
- What is Plagiarism?
- Why is Plagiarism Wrong?
- Xavier's Policy on Plagiarism (Academic Honesty)
- Common Types of Plagiarism
- Copy and Paste Plagiarism
- Avoid Copy and Paste Plagiarism
- Word Switch Plagiarism
- Avoid Word Switch Plagiarism
- Ghost Writer Plagiarism/Avoid
- Plagiarism Quick Check
- Why Cite?
- Plagiarism and Copyright
- Copyright Infringement
- What is Creative Commons?
- Image Sources
- Music Sources
- Video Sources
- Helpful Resources
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.