This tutorial will help you understand copyright, fair use, filesharing and the consequences for violating copyright.
Table of Contents
- What is Copyright?
- What Rights Does Copyright Law Provide to the Copyright Owner?
- What Does Copyright Law Mean?
- What is Copyrighted?
- What is Not Copyrighted?
- Who Owns Copyright?
- How Do You Get Copyright?
- How Long Does Copyright Last?
- Copyright vs. Plagiarism
- Are There Exceptions to Copyright Law?
- Fair Use - What's Okay?
- Fair Use - What's Not Okay?
- Copyright and the Internet
- Copyright and the Internet - What's Not Okay?
- What's Peer to Peer Filesharing?
- Which Peer to Peer Filesharing Applications are Legal?
- Which Peer to Peer Filesharing Applications are Illegal?
- What are the Peer to Peer Filesharing Risks?
- What are the Peer to Peer Filesharing Costs?
- What are the Filesharing Risks and Costs to Xavier University?
- What is Xavier University's Filesharing Policy?
- What are the Consequences of Filesharing at Xavier University?
- How Can I Avoid Illegal Filesharing?