Using the "live" database demo window below you will search for books, periodicals, and audiovisuals that the library owns. You are viewing theSearch@XU advanced search box. You need to find materials that Xavier owns about the Olympics.
- Type olympics in the first search box.
- Click the Search button.
- Search@XU will return a list of items with the keyword, olympics, in their record.
- Go to the left column in your search results and check Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
- Your results will update.
- Below the title of the first item in your search results you may see links to PDF Full-Text and/or a Linked Full Text. However, only half of the library's full-text is available this way.
- If there are no links to PDF Full Text and Linked Full-Test, click the Find it @ XU button to see the rest of the library's full-text links.
- In the left column un-check Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals. Your results will update.
- Scroll to Material Type and check Books.
- Your results will update again and books at Xavier and at other OhioLINK institutions will display.
- Print books available at Xavier will provide the location, McDonald Library, the book's call number, and whether it is available or checked out.
- Electronic books available at Xavier will provide the location, Xavier University.
- Books from other OhioLINK libraries will display a different location.
- Print books not available at Xavier can be requested from another OhioLINK library.
- Electronic books not available at Xavier can NOT be requested from another OhioLINK library.