How can Plagiarism be Avoided?
Give credit to your research by citing your sources.
- A citation gives credit to the source of your information.
- A citation helps others find the source of your information.
Citations are found in:
- Bibliographies, Reference Lists, or Works Cited: complete citations that appear in a list at the end of your paper.
Parenthetical or in-text citations: brief citations that appear in the body of your paper.
- Parenthetical citations: the author(s) and date both appear in parentheses
- In-text citations: part of the citation, the author(s) is part of a sentence in your paper with only the date in parentheses
- Footnotes appear at the bottom of the page where they are referred to.
- Endnotes are listed at the end of the paper.