Using the "live" database demo window below you will use truncation to increase search results. If necessary, follow the remote authentication instructions on your screen. You are viewing ERIC, an education database.You need to find information about computers.
- A good word root for computers is comput.
- The truncation symbol for this database is *.
- In the search box, type the word root followed by the truncation symbol, comput*.
- Click the Search button.
- The database will return a list of documents that contain the wood root, comput*.
- It will find computer, computers, compute, computing, computerized, computerization, etc., as well as any phrases that include the word root comput*, such as computer literacy or computerized profiling.
- This is an easy and effective way to increase search results.