These instructions assume that you have searched an OCLC database and have a list of results.
Exporting References from OCLC Databases
- From the Search Results list, check the box next to each of the records you want to import.
- Click the Export icon.
The Direct Export Records window will display.
- In the Export section, select Marked records from this search.
- In the Export to section, select RefWorks.
- Click the Export button.
Importing References into RefWorks
The RefWorks User Login page will open.
- Enter your login name.
- Enter your password.
- Click Login.
NOTE: If you are in an off-campus location, you will be asked for a Group Code. Call the reference desk at 513 745-4808 to obtain this information.
The RefWorks Import page will open
- RefWorks will prompt with Import completed when it is finished.
- Click View Last Imported Folder to view your references.
RefWorks will display references in the Last Imported Folder window.
For information about searching and sorting your citations or about creating and organizing folders click the RefWorks HELP
link, or for information about downloading citations from different databases, see the RefWorks help links in the library's database lists (see second image below).
Click the FIND IT @ XU icon to see if an article is available in full-text, print or microform format and to submit an interlibrary loan request.