These instructions were created in Windows XP. In other operating systems the windows may have different names and a different look and feel.
These instructions assume you have found an item in a Thomson-Gale database.
- Make sure the page you are on has an InfoMark icon.
- The database link to this article is displayed in the Address box of your browser window.
For the Gale Virtual Reference Library or Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context:
- In your list of search results, click the title of the book or book chapter you want.
- Click Bookmark this Document.
- The Bookmark window will open.
- The database link to this book or book chapter is displayed under Copy the Bookmark URL.
- Highlight this link.
For Gale's Business Insights (Essentials or Global) in your list of search results, click the title of the item you want.
- Click the Share button.
- The View Bookmark winow will open.
Right-click the database link and copy it. Then paste it into your Blackboard, Electronic Reserves, or MyXU course following the corresponding set of instructions listed below:
NOTE:To insure off-campus access to this database article you must also have the library's proxy link in front of the database link: http://libproxy.xu.edu:2048/login?url=
The library's proxy link will always be the same; the database link will vary and can be very long.