These instructions were created in Windows XP. In other operating systems the windows may have different names and a different look and feel. These instructions assume that you are connected to the Internet, have searched Encyclopedia of Life Sciences and have located an article you want.
Exporting References from the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
The article will display.
- Click the title of the article.
- A new window, Wiley Online Library, will open.
- Click Export Citation for this Article.
- The Export Citation pop-up window will open.
- Select Refworks from the first drop-down box.
- Select Citation and Abstract from the seocn drop-down box.
- Click the Submit button.
Importing References into RefWorks
The RefWorks User Login page will open
- Enter your login name.
- Enter your password.
- Click Login.
NOTE: If you are in an off-campus location, you will be asked for a Group Code. Call the reference desk at 513 745-4808 to obtain this information.
The RefWorks Import page will open
- RefWorks will prompt with Import completed when it is finished.
- Click View Last Imported Folder to view your reference.
- RefWorks will display reference in the Last Imported Folder window.
- For information about searching and sorting your references or about creating and organizing folders click the RefWorks HELP link, or for information about downloading citations from different databases, see the RefWorks help links in the library's database lists (see second image below).