- Requesting New Books and Media
- Requesting New Periodical Subscriptions
- Recent Acquisitions
Acquisitions is responsible for the ordering, receiving, payment, claiming, promoting and preservation of library materials in all formats, overseeing materials budget expenditures, and generating monthly and annual reports on order and budget activities. Acquisitions also manages an approval plan program as well as gifts and donations.
Requests for new books and media can be submitted on a New Books and Media Request Form. All requests must be approved by the faculty liaison or department chair. Send completed forms to:
The deadline for submitting faculty orders is the end of March. This is to allow ample time to receive and pay for the materials before the end of the fiscal year. After the deadline is past, the remaining departmental funds revert to the general library fund and are spent on materials selected by the librarians.
It takes an average of three months from the time an order is received until the material is cataloged and ready for use. Questions about the status of an order can be directed to:
- Christian Boyles, Acquisitions and Preservation Assistant, McDonald Library, Suite 203, 513 745-4815, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patty Greco, Acquisitions Librarian, McDonald Library, Suite 203, 513 745-2998, email@example.com
Requests for new periodical subscriptions are accepted throughout the year but a new subscription will typically begin in January of the year following the request. The Head of Collection Development will review the cost of subscription requests, the availability of online access, and whether or not back files are needed. The preferred format for periodicals is electronic when available.
Requests for new periodical subscriptions can be submitted on a New Periodical Subscription Request Form and be sent to:
Marty Ferrell, Head of Collection Development, McDonald Library, Room 210, ML 5211
The deadline for requesting new periodicals is June 1st of each year.
Requesters will be notified of new periodical subscription request decisions after the review process is completed.
You can browse through some of our recent acquisitions here.
Acquisitions services are available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday on those days that the Library is open.
Acquisitions is located on the 2nd floor of McDonald Library, Suite 203.
- Patty Greco, Acquisitions Librarian, McDonald Library, Suite 203, firstname.lastname@example.org, 513 745-2998
- Christian Boyles, Acquisitions and Preservation Assistant, McDonald Library, Suite 203, email@example.com, 513 745-4815