Services for Students with Disabilities
The Learning Assistance Center:
- Seeks to ensure that all students with disabilities can freely and actively participate in all facets of university life.
- Provides and coordinates support services to maximize students' educational potential and develop their independence to the fullest extent possible.
- Strives to increase the level of awareness among all members of the university community so that students with disabilities are able to perform at a level limited only by their abilities, not their disabilities.
Our office provides reasonable academic accommodations and support services that are individualized and flexible. With a goal of equal educational access in mind, Learning Assistance creates opportunities and promotes the same educational experiences, services, and enrichment to persons with disabilities that are offered to those who are not disabled. This includes, but is not limited to:
- access to any printed material for students who are visually impaired;
- access to the classroom for those with mobility impairments; and
- access to learning for those with learning disabilities.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
As a student with a disability you have rights and responsibilities. To learn more about your rights and responsibilities please visit http://www.ed.gov/ocr/transition.html.