Learning Assistance Center
Tutor Job Description
What does a Peer Tutor do? The following is a short list of what is expected of LAC Peer Tutors:
- Tutor at least five hours per week. Schedule, prepare for, and be prompt in arriving to client sessions.
- Develop a professional, honest, caring, and comfortable relationship with clients.
- Be attentive to client needs, especially as pertains to study skills.
- Follow office procedures and complete all necessary paperwork, including an evaluation of each tutoring session.
- Complete initial tutor training, approximately 10 (paid) hours during the fall semester.
- Stop by the LAC office twice a week to check mail box and check for new clients. Check e-mail daily.
- Attend MANDATORY Tutor meetings every other Monday at 1:30 PM (Commons Hour).
- Maintain high academic standards, including a 3.3 GPA in subjects tutored and a 3.0 GPA overall.