Tutor Job Description
What does a Peer Tutor do? The following is a short list of what is expected of LAC Peer Tutors:
- Tutor at least five hours per week. Schedule, prepare for, and be prompt in arriving to client sessions.
- Develop a professional, honest, caring, and comfortable relationship with clients.
- Be attentive to client needs, especially as pertains to study skills.
- Follow office procedures and complete all necessary paperwork, including an evaluation of each tutoring session.
- Complete tutor training, approximately 10 (paid) initial hours during the first semester of employment.
- Check e-mail daily to learn about scheduled appointments or LAC updates.
- Attend MANDATORY Tutor meetings every other Monday at 3:00 PM (Commons Hour).
- Maintain high academic standards, including a 3.3 GPA in subjects tutored and a 3.0 GPA overall.