Study Skills Workshops
Trained LAC tutors are available to provide on-demand Study Skills Workshops to any student organization, group, or office at Xavier University. Workshops are designed to be highly interactive and give hands-on experience of various tips and techniques. The workshops were created by current and former tutors, and can be presented one-on-one or to a group.
If you would like individual assistance with study skills, please submit a tutor request.
If you would like to schedule a workshop for a Xavier group or organization, please contact Stephanie Daniels.
Study Skills Assistance:
- Time management and organization
- Help for chronic procrastinators
- Making time for work and play
- Get organized!
- How to memorize anything
- Reading more efficiently and effectively
- Making reading an active process
- What's your reading rate?
- Test taking
- Test anxiety
- How to guess when you don't have a clue
- Hints for short-answer and problem-based tests
- Effective listening and note taking
- Experiencing a new way to take notes
- Tips for better listening
- Learning styles
- Are you visual, auditory, tactile, or kinesthetic?
- Finding YOUR best place to study