Learning Assistance Center
- Association for Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD): AHEAD is the nation's leading resource for higher education and disability information.
- LD OnLine
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
Some other interesting links:
- Top Ten Things I Wish Students With ADHD Knew About Their Medications by Patricia O. Quinn, M.D.
- What text can look like to kids who have dyslexia or reading problems
- Postsecondary Education Bulletin Board
- Suggestions about Study Group organization and participation: Why Study Groups are Important, and a Study Group Guide for Students.
These are a few of the resources on the internet that we have found helpful. So have fun, and surf away!
- Study Guides for testing, reading, writing, and classroom participation
- Good academic tips from other students and professors
- So you want to improve your Study Skills.
- Stress Management: Relaxation Scroll down to the bottom of the screen for videos introducing and demonstrating relaxation techniques.
- Where does time go? Online activity
- Managing Test Anxiety Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a video on Test Anxiety.
- The Math Lab provides math tutoring for Xavier students on a drop-in basis.
- The James A. Glenn Writing Center helps Xavier students with all parts of the writing process.
National Associations Related to Tutoring
- College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA)
- National Tutoring Association (NTA)
- National College Learning Center Association (NCLCA)
- National Association for Developmental Education (NADE)
- International Student Services, or the Romero Center, assists international and other students in achieving their educational goals and provides opportunities for growth through cross-cultural interaction.
- TRiO Student Support Services provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs seeks to promote an educational environment that recognizes and celebrates the diverse composition of the university and its surrounding communities.
- The Career Services Center provides opportunities to gain essential career development, leadership and lifelong learning skills through a variety of developmental programs, services and practical experiences.
- Academic Advising assists undergraduate students in acquiring their education by helping them plan an educational program which will lead to a major, a degree and/or a career.
- Psychological Services Center provides an on-campus center where Department of Psychology faculty, students, and staff apply principles of psychology to address the concerns of others.
- The mission of the Student Success and Retention is to retain and graduate the maximum number of students from each cohort year group.