The Ignatian Vision
• Sees life and the whole universe as a gift calling forth wonder and gratefulness.
• Gives ample scope to imagination and emotion as well as intellect.
• Seeks to find the divine in all things - in all peoples and cultures, in all areas of study and learning, in every human experience (and, for the Christian, especially in the person of Jesus).
• Cultivates critical awareness of personal and social evil, but points to God's love as more powerful than any evil.
• Stresses freedom, need for discernment, and responsible action.
• Empowers people to become leaders in service, "men and women for others," "whole persons of solidarity," building a more just and humane world.
Compiled by George Traub, S.J.