Vatican Council II:
Vatican Council II (1962-1965) was the twenty-first ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church; it opened under the pontificate of Pope John XXIII and closed under Pope Paul VI. It addressed relations between the Catholic Church and the modern world and resulted in four constitutions (e.g., Gaudium et Spes), nine decrees, and 3 declarations (e.g., Nostra Aetate).
- Vatican Council II
- The Documents of Vatican II
- Interpretation of Vatican Council II
- Reform of the Church
- Women Religious in Their Foundations and Since Vatican II
Dialogue and Identity of the Council
Video of John O''Malley, S.J.'s presentation at Georgetown University
Nostra Aetate (Latin for 'In Our Time' or 'In Our Age'), Vatican Council II's Declaration on the Relation of the Church with Non-Christian Religions, is a statement on interreligious dialogue promulgated on October 28, 1965, by Pope Paul VI; thus, the 5Oth anniversary is celebrated in 2015.
- Nostra Aetate: Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions - the document
- An Adapted (Contemporary Translation) of the Document
- Nostra Aetate: Definition and Background
- Nostra Aetate: A Catholic Act Of Metanola Philip A. Cunningham, 2002
- Nosra Aetate", Forty Years After Vatican II. Present & Future Perspectives Rabbi David Rosen, 2005
- Nostra Aetate: 40 Years of Catholic - Jewish Ties Rabbi Gary Bretton-Granatoor, 2005
- Nostra Aetate: 40 Years Later Khaled Akasheh, 2006
- The Interfaith Story Behind Nostra Aetate, multiplie speakers, 2008
- Institutionalizing of Muslim-Christian Dialogue: Nostra Aetate and Fethullah gulen's Vision Salih Yücel, 2009
- 'In our time': Francis moves beyond Nostra Aetate Jordan Denari, 2013
Videos related to Nostra Aetate:
- Celebrating Holidays, Celebrating Faith
- Religious Plurality and Faith
The Interfaith Initiative
Gaudium Et Spes
Gaudium et Spes ("Joy and Hope") a pastoral constitution that speaks about the Catholic Church in contemporary culture especially on issues of poverty, social justice, culture, science and ecumenism.
- Gaudium Et Spes - the document
Videos related to Gaudium Et Spes
- ACCU?s Catholic Higher Education: Living the Vision of Gaudium et Spes
- Gaudium Et Spes Today
- Gaudium Et Spes and War
To subscribe to our online newsletter or provide feedback,
please email email@example.com.
Jesuitresource.org is developed by
The Center for Mission and Identity at Xavier University
with support from the Conway Institute for Jesuit Education
To learn more about us, click here.