The First Anniversary of the
Election and Installation of Pope Francis
Featured Online Resources
In celebration of the anniversary of the election and installation of Pope Francis, we have collected links to various resources that we hope you find useful.
- Interview with Pope Francis - Ash Wednesday 2014
by the Italian daily Corriere della Sera
- Big Heart Open to God
Interview with Pope Francis by Antonio Spadaro, S.J., editor in chief of La Civiltà Cattolica.
- Brief Biography of Pope Francis
- First Homily of Pope Francis
- Pope Francis: Acts of Humility
Photo montages of Pope Francis' first year by the Washington Post
- Evangelii Gaugium: The Joy of the Gospel
- Lumen Fidei: Light of Faith
- Pope Francis' 2014 Lenten Message
- St Francis Xavier: A Modern View of His Life and Work
- A Biography of St. Ignatius Loyola: The Founder of the Jesuits
Ignatian Prayer Resources
- Ignatian Prayer Cards
- Catholic Prayers
- Ignatian Prayers
- Prayers for the End of Hunger
- Grandeur of God and Beauty of the Earth Quotes
- Spiritual Awareness/Awakening Quotes
- Forgiveness Quotes
Information on the Society of Jesus
- Jesuit Basics
- The Jesuits
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Thinking about becoming a Jesuit?
- More on Ignatian Spirituality
- Inaugural Mass of the Pontificate of Francis
- Mass at the Gesú in Rome
- World Youth Day: Welcome Ceremony of the Pope
- Praying the Holy Rosary with the Pope
Reflections on Ignatian Spirituality
- The Ignatian Vision
By Fr. George Traub, S.J.
- Mary, the Hidden Catalyst: Reflections from an Ignatian Pilgrimage to Spain and Rome
By Dr. Margo Heydt and Dr. Sarah Melcher
St. Ignatius Loyola
This brief biography by George Traub, S.J. and Debra Mooney provides an easy-to-read description of St. Ignatius' life. It is illustrated with original sketches by artist Holly Schapker. Click here to order
Understanding Ignatian and Jesuit Spirituality
Ever wonder how to describe Ignatian and Jesuit Spirituality? This brochure written by Br. Darrell Burns, S.J., does just that. Providing a contemporary description of the tradition, it is an ideal resource for new students, faculty and staff. Click here to order
Do You Speak Ignatian?
A mini-dictionary that defines many of the terms used in conversations in Ignatian and Jesuit circles. Click here to order
Announcements About the First Jesuit Being Elected Pope
- The Society's Superior General, Adolfo Nicolás S.J., issued a statement about Bergoglio's election.
- AJCU President's Statement on the election of the new pope.
- The Catholic News Service reports on the new pope and the Jesuits'
surpriseat Bergoglio's election.
- The National Catholic Reporter announces Bergoglio's election as pope.
- USA Today writes about the order of the Society of Jesus.
- The New York Times' editorial cartoon by Patrick Chappatte.
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.
You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace,
that is enough for me.
To subscribe to this newsletter or provide feedback,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesuitresource.org E-Newsletter is published by
The Center for Mission and Identity at Xavier University
with support from the Conway Institute for Jesuit Education
Last Updated: March 2014