Ecology and Sustainability Resources
- American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
The Place of Sustainability and the Environment within Roman Catholic Thought: Remarks by Michael J. Graham, S.J.,
Sustainability and Catholic Higher Education: A Toolkit for Mission Integration which is published by eight national Catholic organizations, including the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, 2011
Catholic Social Teaching and Ecology Fact Sheet, J. McCarthy SJ, 2006
Jesuit Catholic Identity
- Jesuit Says Saving the Earth is the Society's Next Frontier, 2013
- Sustainability and the Jesuit Mission by Kathleen R. Smythe, Ph.D., 2012
- Jesuit Response to Environmental and Ecological Challenges - a history by EcoJesuits.com through 2011
- Healing a Broken World - Jesuit Task Force on Ecology, 2011
- Jesuits urged to pray, think, act to promote ecological responsibility by Cindy Wooden, 2011
- Note from Superior General Adolfo Nicolas, SJ to the Society regarding the commitment to nature and the environment, 2011
- General Congregation 35, Decree 3, IV Reconciliation with Creation, 2008
- "The Ecological Examen" by Joseph P. Carver, S.J.
- Ignatian Spirituality & Sustainability by Annette Marksberry, 2011.
- A Daily Examen for Ecology by Joan L. Roccasalvo, C.S.J.
Other Sustainability Documents
- Sustainability Initiatives at Jesuit colleges and universities
Addressing Climate Change
See and hear Archbishop Celestino Migliore, former Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations, addressing climate change.
Responding to Climate Change
See and hear Dr. Jame Schaefer responding to Archbishop Celestino Migliore's address.
The Center for Mission and Identity and the Office of Sustainability
hosted a 3-part program on sustainability (food, consumption, energy) in January 2013 facilitated by XU Sustainability Coordinator - Ann Dougherty P.E.
Teaching to the Mission
Green Analytical Chemistry: Teaching Towards Sustainable and Responsible Choices
Supaporn Kradtap Hartwell, Ph.D.
Sustainability at Xavier University
- Xavier University's High Performance Buildings
- Campus Sustainability Plan
- A Sustainable History
- The Green Office Guide
St. Francis Pledge - The Catholic Climate Covenant
The St. Francis Pledge is a promise and a commitment by Catholic individuals, families, parishes, organizations and institutions to live our faith by protecting God's Creation and advocating on behalf of people in poverty who face the harshest impacts of global climate change.
Jesuitresource.org is developed by
The Center for Mission and Identity at Xavier University
with support from the Conway Institute for Jesuit Education