- According to immigration regulations you may arrive in the United States no more than thirty (30) days prior to the start date listed in section #5 of your I-20. We recommend that new international students arrive to campus 1-3 days before the mandatory International Student Orientation.
- For your reference, the Center for International Education (CIE) is typically open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.
- If you have an emergency during your travels to Cincinnati, please call Xavier's Campus Police at +1 (513) 745-1000 and identify yourself as a new international student.
When planning your travel arrangements to Xavier University, it is recommended that you fly into the Greater Cincinnati International Airport (airport code: CVG), which is located about 17 miles (27 Km) from the campus. If you would like our office to be pick you up at the Cincinnati airport, you must complete an Airport Pick-Up Form and submit it at least one week prior to your International Student Orientation. If an arrangement is not made, you may need to arrange for a taxi/airport shuttle to take you to campus.
Please note the following regarding airport pickups:
- We can only pick-up students who arrive during the weekdays of the scheduled International Student Orientation, between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST).
- If you plan to arrive one week or more before the International Student Orientation, you must make transportation arrangements on your own.
- We do not pick up students at the Dayton or Columbus airports.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your closer to your arrival date. However, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Finding the right place to live can be tricky. Review the links below to decide where you want to live.
- On-campus Housing: We recommend new undergraduate and exchange international students to live on-campus. That is often the easiest way to meet other U.S. and international students and make new friends. For more information about living on-campus, please visit the Office of Residence Life.
EARLY ARRIVAL: If you are living on campus, you may move in early to your dormitory if you pay your deposit now and contact Residence Life to make early arrival arrangements. Your will need to complete the Early Arrival Form. Please note that there will be a nightly fee of USD $30 per night for early arrivals.
- Off-campus Housing: If you will be living off campus, you may wish to arrive one to three weeks before your International Student Orientation (ISO) to give yourself time to secure your housing. It will also be helpful to explore Cincinnati and become familiar with your surroundings and find quick routes to campus. For more information about off-campus housing, visit Commuter Services & Off Campus Living.
If you will be needing temporary accommodations before you can move into your residence hall or off-campus apartment, we recommend the following hotels.
Taxi and Airport Shuttle Information
Taxis are available at the airport at all times. The cost of a taxi to bring you to to the Xavier campus is approximately USD $40.
Executive Transportation is an airport shuttle that can also bring you to the Xavier campus. They are also available 24 hours and their cost is approximately USD $30.