- According to immigration regulations you may arrive in the United States no more than thirty (30) days prior to the start date listed in section #5 of your I-20. We recommend that new international students arrive to campus 1-3 days before the mandatory International Student Orientation.
- For your reference, the Center for International Education (CIE) is typically open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.
- If you have an emergency during your travels to Cincinnati, please call Xavier's Campus Police at +1 (513) 745-1000 and identify yourself as a new international student.
When planning your travel arrangements to Xavier University, it is recommended that you fly into the Greater Cincinnati International Airport (airport code: CVG), which is located about 17 miles (27 Km) from the campus. If you would like our office to be pick you up at the Cincinnati airport, you must complete an Airport Pick-Up Form and submit it at least one week prior to your International Student Orientation. If an arrangement is not made, you may need to arrange for a taxi/airport shuttle to take you to campus.
Please note the following regarding airport pickups:
- We can pick-up students who arrive on January 4th, 5th, and 6th between the hours of 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (EST).
- If you arrive beyond the available pick-up hours, you must make transportation arrangements on your own. Please scroll down to learn about the Taxi or Shuttle available below.
- We do not pick up students at the Dayton or Columbus airports.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your closer to your arrival date. However, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finding the right place to live can be tricky. Review the links below to decide where you want to live.
- On-campus Housing: We recommend new undergraduate and exchange international students to live on-campus. That is often the easiest way to meet other U.S. and international students and make new friends. For more information about living on-campus, please visit the Office of Residence Life.
- Off-campus Housing: If you will be living off campus, you may wish to arrive one to three weeks before your International Student Orientation (ISO) to give yourself time to secure your housing. It will also be helpful to explore Cincinnati and become familiar with your surroundings and find quick routes to campus. For more information about off-campus housing, visit Commuter Services & Off Campus Living.
International students who live on campus may move in the day before their scheduled International Student Orientation. If you arrive earlier, you will need to find temporary accommodations before you are able to move into your residence hall room/apartment. If you will be needing temporary accommodations before you can move into your residence hall or off-campus apartment, we recommend the following hotels.
Taxi and Airport Shuttle Information
Taxis are available at the airport at all times. The cost of a taxi to bring you to to the Xavier campus is approximately USD $50.
Executive Transportation is an airport shuttle that can also bring you to the Xavier campus. Please arrange your shuttle to Xavier or your hotel at least 24 hours before your scheduled arrival at the CVG aiport. They are also available 24 hours and their kiosk is located by the luggage area at the CVG airport location. Their cost is approximately USD $40.