According to immigration regulations you may arrive in the United States no more than thirty (30) days prior to the start date listed in section #5 of your I-20. However, please note that all new international students should arrive on campus no later than 15 May 2014 since the mandatory orientation begins on that day.
- Living on-campus? If you are living on campus, you may move in early to your dormitory if you pay your deposit now and contact Residence Life to make early arrival arrangements. Your will also need to complete the Early Arrival Form. Please note that there will be a nightly fee of USD $30 per night for early arrivals.
- Living off campus? If you will be living off campus, you may wish to arrive before 14 May 2014 to give yourself time to find housing. It will also be helpful to explore Cincinnati and become familiar with your surroundings and find quick routes to campus.
- For your reference, the Center for International Education (CIE) is typically open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm (17:00 hrs). Note that during the winter holiday all Xavier University offices will be closed from Thursday, 25 December through Thursday, 1 January 2015. The university will re-open on Friday January 2, 2015 at 8:30am.
- If you have an emergency during your travels to Cincinnati, please call Xavier?s Campus Police at +1 (513) 745-1000 and identify yourself as a new international student.
If you will be making your own transportation arrangements, you will need to fly into the Greater Cincinnati International Airport (airport code: CVG), which is located about 17 miles (27 Km) from the campus..
If you would like our office to be pick you up at the Cincinnati airport, you must complete an Airport Pick-Up Form before May 10th 2014. Otherwise, you may take a taxi/airport shuttle to take you to the campus.
Please note the following regarding airport pickups:
- We can only pick-up students who arrive between 12-16 May 2014 and between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (17:00 hrs).
- If you arrive before 12 May or after 16 May, or if you arrive at a time other than listed above, you must make transportation arrangements on your own.
- We do not pick up students at the Dayton or Columbus airports.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your closer to your arrival date. However, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taxi and Airport Shuttle Information
Taxis are available at the airport at all times. The cost of a taxi to bring you to to the Xavier campus is approximately USD $40.
Executive Transportation is an airport shuttle that can also bring you to the Xavier campus. They are also available 24 hours and their cost is approximately USD $30.
If you will be needing hotel accommodations, we recommend the following hotels.