IInstructional design involves working with faculty and instructors to analyze learning goals and needs and develop instructional strategies, learning materials, or other tools to meet them. Designers can provide assistance and support with the development of online, blended, and face to face courses and the use of Canvas to create an effective learning -environment .
Instructional designers are also familiar with a variety of technology options and can be a resource for determining how to use technology to meet the desired educational goal.
Canvas templates and educational design support
To support students in moving through courses with an online component a series of icons and templates have been created that provide a common Xavier look. This allows students to concentrate on the academic tasks of a course without having to relearn the navigation for each new course they take. In addition, the icons and templates were created to allow faculty to begin building courses in Canvas without having to worry about the look/design. You can work directly in Canvas or you can start with a word document and them copy and paste it into your course. Click here for the worksheet.
To import the templates and icons into your canvas course:
- Click to download the Canvas template file. This is a .zip file. You will need to save the file to your computer to proceed.
- Unzip the saved file. You will see a file called "online-course-template-export.imscc". This is the file you will import to your Canvas course shell.
- Open your Canvas course shell and click on "Settings".
- Click "Import Content into this Course," which is located on the far right side of the page.
- Select "Canvas Course Export Package" and then "Browse" to select the .imscc file you have saved on your computer.
- Click "Import." The import process should only take a few seconds.
- Return to the Home pag
Contact Daniel Wooddell for help importing the template and icons.
To set up a meeting with an instructional designer contact Jill Segerman
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 513-745-4299