Instructional Design & Instructional Technology
The instructional design and technology team work with faculty to provide support in the design and development of effective online, blended, and face-to-face courses.
This support includes
- Facilitation of Introduction to Online (and Blended) Course Design
- Support for creating an online course, or individual components in an online course
- Support for designing a course (face-to-face, online, or blended) in Canvas
- Consultation regarding ways to use various types of technology in your course
- Facilitation of technology workshops
- Individual technology support for using Canvas and other instructional technologies
Instructional Design & Instructional Technology Staff Members:
(513) 745-1901 | email@example.com
Daniel Wooddell received his bachelor's degree in management information systems from Wright State University. Daniel has a strong IT background and a broad skillset with technology, as well as five years of experience in managing an IT department for a successful electronic medical records company.
Daniel is the interface between our team's eLearning projects and the areas of IT he connects with to ensure instructors' strategies for teaching with technology align with IT capability and protocol. He documents and supports educational technology implementation solutions for faculty, courses, and specific learning activities, working collaboratively with our extended IT family.
He is very knowledgeable about the Canvas LMS and is passionate about working with faculty to improve their online courses through technology.
Jill Segerman, PhD
(513) 745-4299 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Segerman has a PhD in e-learning and online teaching and has worked as an instructional designer for over 10 years. Jill has experience developing online college level courses as well as e-learning for professional development. Before coming to Xavier Jill worked as an instructional designer for Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center creating professional development for pediatric residents and educational videos and e-learning modules for parents.
(513) 745-4293 | email@example.com
Meredith Singleton is currently finishing her PhD in technical and professional communication at the University of Cincinnati. She has served as a higher education administrator and instructor in online learning for nearly ten years. Before coming to Xavier, Meredith oversaw the fully online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for Northern Kentucky University and worked one-on-one with faculty and administrators to develop fully online courses and programs.