Xavier carries out its mission through the individual and collective contributions of its employees. Employees need to know how those contributions are aligned with university goals, that their unique styles and skills are recognized and utilized, that they are treated with respect, and that they are provided feedback on how their behaviors/actions align with our Jesuit values. And supervisors need to act in a transparent manner and initiate ongoing feedback to build trust. This understanding is at the heart of our Performance Management program.
Xavier University is committed to a performance management program that inspires all employees to perform at their best by:
- aligning the work performed by supervisors and employees with departmental and university goals,
- promoting a consistent methodology in performance assessment through fairness and transparency, and
- fostering and rewarding excellent performance.
Annual Performance Reviews for staff is:April 1st – May 10th
Goal Setting - Planning Phase
Goal setting is the bridge that connects our university goals to successful results. When we set goals, we're looking for ways to break strategy down into relevant, measurable, and attainable elements - all of which combine to drive the strategy so the university can achieve numerous benefits, including sustained development and enhancement of campus resources to support our students' lives, sustained financial well-being, and sustained focused on growth and engagement of our employees at Xavier. There is good information available for you here on the Performance Management page to help you Xcel in your goal setting!
University Top 10 Goals
To read more about Xavier University's Primary Institutional Goals for 2012-2013, click here.
Annual Performance Reviews - Evaluating and Rewarding Phase
Supervisors and employees play an important role in creating a productive annual performance review meeting. Using the appropriate new performance review forms, supervisors will complete an annual performance review for their employees and employees will have the opportunity to complete a self-assessment to be discussed during the review.
Tools for Annual Performance Review Process
- New Performance Review Form
- Annual Performance Reviews that Xcel PowerPoint Presentation
- Annual Performance Reviews that Xcel Webinar Recording
- Performance Review Guidelines
- Annual Review Checklist
- Values Wheel
- Core Competencies brief
- FAQs for Annual Performance Review
- Writing your Review with Context
- Power Questions to Ask Employees
- Xcelerate your learning of Xavier's New Performance Management Review Form Webinar Recording
- Xcelerate your learning of Xavier's New Performance Management Review Form PowerPoint Presentation