Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this structure apply to both exempt and non-exempt jobs?
Yes, the new classification/compensation structure applies to exempt and non-exempt staff positions.
- Does this plan include Athletics?
Yes, the plan includes Athletics. However, a different benchmark group was utilized. Visit the Open Forum Presentation in the Benefits Channel on the MYXU Portal for additional information on the market that was used for benchmarking purposes.
- Will there be a way to identify employees with 5, 10, 15 years of service within same classification?
No, the classification/compensation structure was built around positions not employees.
- What is the direct impact to my salary?
As part of the implementation of the classification/compensation structure the University committed funds to bring staff employees? salaries up to the minimum of their position grade salary range. Also, employees whose salaries are over the maximum pay for their position grade are not eligible for base pay salary increases.
- Does HR decide upon the new titles and compensation ranges? What input will managers have in deciding either or both of these?
Human Resources, guided by Sibson Consulting, carefully reviewed the position descriptions on record to determine the appropriate title and classification grade. Position titles and classification grades were reviewed and validated with the division leaders.
- Are salaries higher education-specific or industry-standard?
Both general industry and higher education data sources were used. Visit the Open Forum Presentation in the Benefits Channel on the MYXU Portal for additional information on the market that was used for benchmarking purposes.