Total Compensation Philosophy
As an expression of its Jesuit Catholic mission, Xavier University maintains a comprehensive compensation program which recognizes the dignity of each person and is directed at attracting, retaining and rewarding an accomplished and diverse faculty and staff. The total compensation program, policies, and practices are grounded in the following guiding principles:
- Xavier's compensation system both aligns with and simultaneously exemplifies our overall mission, strategies, and plans. Compensation policies and procedures support our mission, identity, vision, values, goals, and long-term direction.
- Xavier's compensation system is competitive within the relevant market and equitable based on job responsibility and performance.
- Xavier's compensation system ensures good and enduring stewardship of resources, both human and financial.
- Xavier's merit-based compensation is an important component of our salary progression and is dependent upon performance. This feature of our compensation system provides the capability to recognize outstanding performance.
- Xavier strives to ensure that compensation decisions are made as objectively as possible. Our compensation system will be supported by reliable market data, reviews from internal equity, and performance evaluations.
Learn more about the Total Compensation Philosophy.