Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention
AOD Vision & Mission
Xavier University will implement a comprehensive alcohol and other drug and violence (AODV) prevention program that directly impacts those within the campus and surrounding communities. The AODV program will be evidenced-based and include prevention, early intervention and treatment services that will adequately decrease the severity and frequency of AODV issues and their interference with student success and well-being.
Xavier University will utilize a coalition of key campus and community stakeholders to identify and manage AODV related environmental risk factors that impede student success, interfere with institutional priorities and increase the university's liability.
- Implement and manage a comprehensive evidence-based AOD prevention strategic plan that will impact Xavier students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and the surrounding community.
- Demonstrate the efficacy of our AOD prevention strategic plan and become a federally funded ?Model Program? through the Department of Education.
- Decrease the quantity of drug and alcohol related disciplinary infractions.
- Decrease the frequency and severity of substance related medical emergencies.
- Decrease the frequency of substance related physical and sexual acts of violence.
- Decrease the frequency of substance related academic problems.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state substance abuse regulations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our AOD strategic plan by instituting annual program evaluation initiatives.