Professional outpatient counseling and psychotherapeutic treatment is available to students at no charge. Services are provided by clinical psychologists or clinical social workers who are licensed in Ohio at the highest level of practice and the quality of the services is the same as is available in private practice.
Students call the Health and Wellness Center with a wide range of initial concerns including:
- Depression or mood swings
- Grief and loss
- Anxiety or stress
- Dating or peer relationship problems
- Family relationship problems
- Eating or body image
- Alcohol or substance abuse
- Perfectionism or procrastination
- Recovery from verbal, physical, or sexual abuse
- Recovery from sexual assault
Our counseling staff includes professional psychologists and clinical social workers. All are licensed in Ohio at the highest level of their respective discipline and have many years' experience working with college students of all ages.
The medical staff of the Health and Wellness Center, including a Board-certified consulting psychiatrist is available should medication or hospitalization becomes necessary.