Students often ask the following questions about counseling services. These answers may provide some reassurance. If you have further questions, please contact us (513-745-3200).
- How do I decide whether I could benefit from counseling?
- If you contemplate counseling for any reason, we suggest you discuss your situation with one of our therapists. Your initial consultation could help you decide whether to continue to see a counselor. Coming to an initial appointment does not necessitate a long-term commitment.
- What's the cost for counseling services?
- The University Health and Wellness fee with tuition covers our services in full. Students do not pay further charges.
- What can I expect during my first counseling session?
- Your therapist will begin by gathering information about you and your presenting concerns. He or she will provide you with feedback and describe a possible approach to your concerns. This initial evaluation is part of an ongoing collaborative conversation with your counselor.
- How much time should I expect to invest in counseling?
- The duration of counseling varies widely, from one or two sessions, to six to eight sessions. Some students meet weekly with their counselors and some meet every two or three weeks, depending on their situation and needs.
We provide a safe, confidential and professional relationship in which we encourage you to be as open and honest as possible regarding your concerns.