We are pleased to be offering a walk-in flu shot clinic for Xavier students on the following dates:
- September 27th & 28th, from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
- October 3rd, from 8:30 AM-Noon
- October 24th & 30th, from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Please remember to bring your insurance card. We will bill your policy, but most policy's cover this important immunization.
** If you cannot make these dates, please call McGrath Health & Wellness to schedule an appointment at 513-745-3022 ext. 3.
Quick Facts about the flu:
- Every year, up to 1 in 5 people gets the flu in the United States.
- On average, college students who get the flu experience illness of eight days or more (Nichol, KL, Tummers K, Hoyer-Leitzel A, et al. Modeling Seasonal Influenza Outbreak in a Closed College Campus: Impact of Pre-Season Vaccination, In-Season Vaccination and Holidays/Breaks. PLoS ONE, 5(3), e9548. http://doi.org/10.1371/ journal.pone.0009548)
- 200,00+ are hospitalized (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal Influenza Q&A. www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/disease.htm. Accessed April 27, 2016)
Take advantage of this great opportunity to #stayhealthy@XU!