Health Services Administration
The undergraduate programs in health sciences at Xavier University, started in fall 2011, are multidisciplinary majors that prepare students for entry-level professional positions in a variety of health care areas, such as information systems, finance, marketing and planning. The positions are found in organizations such as hospitals, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. Many of the fastest-growing health care jobs are concentrated in the health services field, representing 19 percent of all health care job growth from 2004 - 2014.
All students in Xavier's health services administration program will have a minor in business and be able to choose a concentration in information systems or long-term care.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Health Services Administration with a concentration in long-term care and a minor in business
- B.S. in Health Services Administration with a concentration in information management and a minor in business
Xavier's programs have been developed to meet the requirements for Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) certification.
Traditional four-year B.S. degrees
These programs seek to enhance students' ethics and values orientation, and to provide them with liberal arts and technical knowledge, as well as critical-thinking and communication skills to perform proficiently in entry-level positions in health care organizations. The students will experience:
- An interdisciplinary Core Curriculum based in the liberal arts tradition.
- Courses in health care management, finance, ethics, economics and statistics.
- Required field experiences through internships.
- Community service.
- Undergraduate research and scholarship.
During the required internships, students will have the opportunity to:
- Apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
- Work with others and develop relationships beyond the classroom.
- Confirm their individual interests.
- Experience growth and development in a practical setting.
- Explore options for employment.