Grants in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Conducted by Dr. Robert Porter
Starting with the National Endowment for the Humanities, this workshop will cover a number of funding sources of particular interest to disciplines broadly grouped in the humanities and social sciences. Specific grant programs will be reviewed, together with eligibility requirements, funding levels, and lists of projects recently funded by each program. Key elements of the NEH grant review process will be covered, and excerpts from successful proposals will be highlighted. Additionally, participants will be guided to numerous opportunities posted by private foundations.
- Overview of NEH mission, structure and budget
- Fellowships and residency programs
- Awards targeted to junior faculty
- Support for graduate study and doctoral dissertations
- Key do’s and don’ts for success