Gender and Diversity Studies Minor
- COMM 323 Race, Class, Gender, & the Media
- COMM 324 Sex & Violence in the Media
- ENGL 359 Gender & Diversity in Film
- HIST 324 The African-American Struggle / Equality
- SOCW 315 Values, Poverty, & Society
- SOCW 318 Trends in Modern Society: Race Relations
- SOCW 404 Religion, Ethics, & Professional Practice
- SPMG 410 Sport Ethics
- THEO 322 Black Theology
- THEO 358 Immigration, Theology, & Ethics
- THEO 372 Seminar: Disability, Ethics, & Theology
- THEO 316, POLI 316, HIST 350 Globalization (departmental designations may change yearly)
Note: Students must take courses in at least three different disciplines and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in courses for the minor. Half of the credit hours completed must be in courses at the 200-level or above.
More than anything else, the program taught me to better understand myself, and as a result, helped me engage with and affirm the unique lives of others. In my work experience and graduate school, that ability has proven indispensable.
• • •
-Brett Simmons, 2009
Have you considered GDST as a 2nd major?