These tips will help you complete the FAFSA correctly. Visit the FAFSA website for more information.
- File the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. Xavier University's priority deadline for filing for financial aid is February 15. Students whose FAFSA is received at the federal processor by February 15 will receive priority aid consideration.
- Be sure to list the federal school code for Xavier University on the FAFSA. Xavier University's Title IV code is 003144.
- If the family's taxes will not be completed by February 15, students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA using reasonable estimates of the family's income.
- Be sure to use the student's legal name as it appears on the student's social security card.
- Do not leave any items blank, unless indicated to do so by the instructions. If a question does not apply, write in the number "0."
- Continuing students must remember to update their expected enrollment status and grade level (step one of the FAFSA) each year.
- Keep copies of all of the family's tax returns.
- Remember to file the renewal FAFSA annually.
For more information about financial aid, choose an item from the menu in the left sidebar.