Process for Applying
- Students complete the ESL application form, collect necessary documents, and send them to the University.
- The University reviews the application materials and supporting documents.
- If the application is not complete, the student is contacted for more information.
- If the application and supporting documents are complete, students are admitted. The University issues a form I-20 (eligibility for F-1 visa) to applicants who are non-immigrants.
- Student creates an account on E-ship global to arrange for international mailing of documents. The admission packet will include an admission letter, housing application and deposit form, visa documents (I-20), and instructions for paying the SEVIS fee.
- Students who will hold F-1 or J-1 visas pay the SEVIS fee and obtain the receipt.
- Students applying for F-1 or J-1 visas have an interview at the U.S. Consulate.
- If a visa is issued, students make travel arrangements.
- Students arrive at Xavier University for placement test and orientation and begin their study program.