Green Growth = Job Growth
The environmental studies minor can be an important first step in any career. The movement toward a greener economy means an increase in environmentally related employment opportunities in government, non-profit organizations, consulting firms and industry.
Major corporations such as Procter & Gamble, Starbucks, Wal-Mart and Intel recognize the importance of becoming more sustainable and are increasingly dedicating resources to greening their operations at every level.
- Procter & Gamble is pursuing a program that will reduce its carbon footprint by 40 percent by 2012.
- Intel now leads the nation among EPA green power partners with the purchase of 13 billion kilowatt hours per year.
- General Electric is following a new agenda called Ecoimagination, which revolutionizes the way the company produces products and energy.
But even for students who have a different career path in mind, the environmental studies minor offers the knowledge to become a good steward of the environment.
Environmental Career Resources
- Campus Ecology
- Cyber-Sierra's Job Search
- Green Dream Jobs
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- Idealist.org - nonprofit jobs