Posted: 2/5/16 12:17 PM
On Monday, February 15th, the Center for Teaching Excellence is bringing in Dr. Francis Godwyll to deliver a keynote address titled “When Silence is not an Option: Creating Space for Marginalized Voices.” The keynote, which will take place from 3:00-4:15 p.m. in Kennedy Auditorium, will address the alienation of various cultural groups in educational settings globally. All are invited. The CTE is also offering a follow-up workshop on "Addressing Diversity in the Classroom" Tuesday, February 16th from 10:30 a.m.-noon and 1:00-2:30, with lunch served in between. Register for the workshop at the CTE website.
Posted: 2/5/16 11:40 AM
Come register to vote in the state of Ohio!
Anyone looking to vote in the state of Ohio during the upcoming primary elections on Tuesday, March 15th must be registered if they are not already by Tuesday, February 16th. Ohio is a mixed primary, meaning that if you are registered Republican you have to vote Republican, if you are registered Democrat, you have to vote Democrat, but if you're registered Indepedendant you can vote in either party.
Reigstration will be set up in the Fenwick Atrium on Monday, February 8th, Wednesday, February 10th, and Friday, February 12th from 5-7:00pm.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election (November 8, 2016).
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- You are not incarcerated (in jail or prison) for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting puposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election law.
What you need to register:
- Either a valid Ohio driver's license or the last four numbers of your social security.
If you are an out of state Xavier student interested in voting in Ohio:
- If you live on campus, write your Xavier mailing address on the voter registration form to vote in the March 15th election.
- You must fill out a new form with an updated address the following school year to vote in the general election on November 8th.
- If you live off campus, use your off campus address on your voter registration form. No update is needed if living in the same location for the general election on November 8th.
Voting is important! Let your voice be heard!
For more information: http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/voter-registration.php
Posted: 2/5/16 9:45 AM
A sterling silver ring was found in a green chair in Alter hall around 2 PM today, February 1st.
If you or someone you know, has lost this ring please send me an email at (email@example.com) describing the ring's design so I know I have the ring you're looking for!
Posted: 2/4/16 4:06 PM
The Xavier community is invited to the University Convocation on Monday, February 29,2016 from 3:00-4:15 p.m. in the Duff Banquet Room at the Cintas Center. The event is being streamed live for those unable to attend in person.
Posted: 2/4/16 9:04 AM
The Office of Human Resources announces a new series of professional development tools to be presented in sessions beginning in February. These sessions support Xavier’s institutional values and provide an opportunity for employees to gain valuable information and build community among colleagues. Topics include Coaching and Feedback, Employee Development Plans, Customer service and more. Register today for the first session, "Creating a Culture of Service eXcellence". At least 10 registrants are needed for each session.
Student Concern Report (PRESS)
As someone who interacts frequently with students, you have the power to support their success. Use this button to make the Office of Student Success aware of a student who is performing poorly or showing signs of having difficulty adjusting to your class.