Hazard Communication Plan (PDF)
Per the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Regulations (Standards ? 29 CFR) Hazard Communication. 1910.1200, the hazards of all chemicals produced or imported into the workplace must be evaluated and the information concerning their hazards communicated to employers and employees.
This transmittal of information is to be accomplished by means of comprehensive hazard communication programs which are to include:
- Container labeling and other forms of warning
- Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Employee training
Evaluating the potential hazards of chemicals, and communicating information concerning hazards and appropriate protective measures to employees, may include, for example, but is not limited to, provisions for:
- Developing and maintaining a written hazard communication program for the workplace, including lists of hazardous chemicals present
- Labeling of containers of chemicals in the workplace
- Distribution of material safety data sheets to employees
- Development and implementation of employee training programs regarding hazards of chemicals
- Protective measures
The written Hazard Communication Plan (PDF) for Xavier University can be accessed / downloaded by clicking on the link below.