Emergency Action Plans
Per the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Regulations (Standards – 29 CFR) Emergency action plans. – 1910.38, every employer with more than ten employees must have a written emergency action plan for each of its buildings.
At a minimum, the emergency action plan must include:
- Procedures for reporting a fire or other emergency
- Procedures for emergency evacuation, including type of evacuation and exit route assignments
- Procedures to account for all employees after evacuation
- The name or job title of every employee who may be contacted by employees who need more information about the plan
An employer must review the emergency action plan with each employee covered by the plan when:
- The plan is developed or the employee is assigned initially to a job
- When the employee’s responsibilities change
- When the plan is changed
The emergency action plan for each building on campus can be accessed / downloaded by clicking on the appropriate link below.