State of Ohio, School Counselor
If you wish to apply for State of Ohio, School Counselor License, you will need the recommendation of the college (Xavier University) when you apply. If you did not complete your license program through Xavier University, stop and contact the university where you completed your license program.
The following items are required at Xavier University to apply for State of Ohio, School Counselor License:
DO NOT APPLY UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED!
Instructions and links to apply for license Instructions.pdfYou will need to complete the online application.
- (DO NOT COMPLETE UNTIL INSTRUCTIONS AND LINKS ABOVE HAVE BEEN READ AND COMPLETED!)
- Initial Ohio License Application - In State.
All individuals seeking an Ohio School Counselor License must successfully complete the Ohio Assessments of Educators (OAE) exam "School Counselor" #040, to be eligible for an Ohio School Counselor license. Individuals who successfully completed the appropriate Praxis Exam prior to the change to the OAE test may use the test results to satisfy the licensure testing requirements at the time the licensure is sought. For additional information regarding the exam and to register, please visit the Ohio Assessments for Educators website at http://www.oh.nesinc.com Student copies of test score reports are not accepted.
- Complete Xavier University coursework requirements. Please see your advisor or Department Chair with any questions about completing all program requirements.
Graduate students must send all previous official transcript(s) to:
Graduate Services Office
Cincinnati, OH 45207-3211
- Telephone (513) 745-3360. If you did not complete the admission process and did not submit completed and finalized transcripts showing degrees and dates of graduation, please complete this task as soon as possible.
- Check on bursar holds. If you have a bursar hold the Registrar's Office will not release your official transcript needed to review and process licensure.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com or (513)745-3521.