State of Ohio, Reading Endorsement
The following items are required at Xavier University to apply for State of Ohio, Reading Endorsement. If you did not complete your Reading Endorsement program through Xavier University, stop and contact the university where you completed your Reading Endorsement program.
- You will need to complete the online Initial Ohio License Application In State. See Adding a Teaching Field to an Existing License and Endorsement Reading code #059902. Log on to your SAFE account and go under the My Educator Profile and select the My Credential Tab. Once in the My Credential Tab, applicant should select the 4 year/ 5 year license they want to add the new credential to (be it the same license type or endorsement). From the drop down menu next to that 4 year/ 5 year credential it will ask if the applicant wants to renew, add area, etc. Select add area.
You MUST hold a current, valid Ohio teaching license.
- Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Reading (Subtest I)/038 and OAE Reading (Subtest II)/039 are required for the Reading Endorsement. For additional information please visit http://www.oh.nesinc.com Individuals who successfully completed a Praxis Series Test required for licensure prior to September 1, 2013 may use the test results to satisfy the licensure testing requirements at the time license is sought.
- Complete Xavier University coursework requirements. Please see your advisor or Department Chair with any questions about completing all program requirements.
Graduate students must send all previous official transcript(s) to:
Graduate Services Office
100 Hailstones Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45207-3211.
Telephone (513) 745-3360. If you did not complete the admission process and did not submit completed and finalized transcripts showing degrees and dates of graduation, please complete this task as soon as possible.
- Check on bursar holds. If you have a bursar hold the Registrar's Office will not release your official transcript needed to review and process licensure.
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com or (513) 745-3521.