"Out of State" License
If you wish to apply for “Out of State” license, you will need the recommendation of the college (Xavier University) when you apply to another state. This means that before Xavier University can recommend you to another state for teacher license, you will need to have already completed all state requirements for Ohio. This includes all relevant Ohio Praxis II testing requirements. If you did not complete your license program through Xavier University, stop and contact the university where you completed your license program.
Please complete the “Out of State” form in black permanent ink. Please send the original form with the following required items:
- $20.00 Xavier University Professional Education License Fee. More on fees »
- Please make personal check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to “Xavier University.” Please write “Professional Education License Fee” in the memo line of the check.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Complete the "Out of State” form.
- A completed and signed Xavier University transcript request form. There is no additional cost to you for the transcript at “normal processing”. Your signature is required on the form. This gives Ms. Virginia Hewan, Director for Certification/Licensure permission to receive your transcripts to use for review/process for licensure. DO NOT fill out the lower left section of the transcript request form that says MAIL TO. Please leave this section blank for the Certification Office to fill out.
Original documents are required. You may not email/fax required items.
- Mail all of the above to:
Ms. Virginia Hewan, Director for Certification/Licensure
College of Social Sciences, Health, and Education
3800 Victory Parkway
206 Hailstones Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45207-3224
Questions may be directed to Ms. Virginia Hewan, Director of Certification/Licensure at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 745-2952.