License and Process: State of Ohio, Principal, Superintendent and Administrative Specialist License
If you wish to apply for State of Ohio, Principal, Superintendent or Administrative Specialist License, you will need the recommendation of the college (Xavier University) when you apply. If you did not complete your license program through Xavier University, stop and contact the university where you completed your license program. The following items are required at Xavier University to apply for a State of Ohio, Principal, Superintendent or Administrative Specialist License:
DO NOT APPLY UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED!
Instructions and links to apply for license: Instructions
- Please fill out the Verification Form below that applies to you and email or mail to Xavier. This must be received before your application for license can be processed.
- Administrative Specialist
- You will need to complete the online application.
- (DO NOT COMPLETE UNTIL INSTRUCTIONS AND LINKS ABOVE HAVE BEEN READ AND COMPLETED!)
- Initial Ohio License Application - In State.
Beginning September 1, 2013 all individuals seeking an Ohio Administration License must successfully complete the Ohio Assessments of Educators (OAE) exam "Educational Leadership" #015, to be eligible for an Ohio administration license. Individuals who successfully completed the appropriate Praxis Exam prior to September 1, 2013 may use the test results to satisfy the licensure testing requirements at the time the licensure is sought. For additional information regarding the exam and to register, please visit the Ohio Assessments for Educators website at http://www.oh.nesinc.com Student copies of test score reports are not accepted.
- Complete Xavier University coursework requirements. Please see your advisor or Department Chair with any questions about completing all program requirements.
Graduate students must send all previous official transcript(s) to:
Graduate Services Office
100 Hailstones Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45207-3211.
Telephone (513) 745-3360.
- Check on bursar holds. If you have a bursar hold, the Registrar's Office will not release your official transcript needed to review and process licensure.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call (513) 745-3521.