The mission of the Office of the Controller is to account for, report on, and safeguard the financial resources of Xavier University in a manner that supports the university's mission and community.
We are committed to the following:
- Issuing accurate and timely financial information.
- Issuing timely and accurate payments to employees, vendors and other service providers of Xavier University.
- Improving the business operations of Xavier University by taking advantage of enhanced technology.
- Enhancing internal operations by the adoption and implementation of best practices, policies and procedures.
- Adhering to professional standards for the processing and reporting of university business.
- Acting with fiscal accountability and integrity
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations
Quick Facts About Us
- The current location of the Controller's office, Schmidt 102, was the original location of the campus chapel.
- Xavier is required to have 5 audits prepared each year that requires auditors to be on campus performing audit field work for 10-12 weeks each year.
- The staff of the accounting department has over 70 years of service to Xavier University.
Wire Transfer Guidelines Outlined
Fiscal Year End Closing Dates
This memo is intended to provide University departments with guidelines and information regarding the end of fiscal year 2013-14. The controller's office coordinates the fiscal close and must comply with professional accounting standards. Your help in this close is essential to comply with these standards.
Expenses for goods and services must be included in the fiscal year in which the goods or services are received or used, regardless of when the payment is made. For this reason, accounts payable and/or accounting may adjust check requests/travel expense reports to be paid out of the budget year in which the goods and services are used. Implementing this accounting rule can be complicated, please follow these guidelines and contact the accounting department if you have questions.