When living with another person, each person has rights and responsibilities for making the roommate relationship work.Communication is of critical importance before you decide to live with someone.
- Talk to your potential roommates about what the atmosphere of the house/apartment going to be like?Also be sure to ask about significant others staying over-what is acceptable?
- How are bills going to be shared-example: whose name will appear on the electric bill, cable bill etc.?How will this person be paid/reimbursed for the utilities?
- Will food be shared?
- How will chores be split?
- Who will purchase general items for the house? (dish soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)?
- You are strongly encouraged to fill out an off campus roommate agreement.For an agreement go to the Commuter Services website (www.xavier.edu/commuter).