College of Arts and Sciences: Communication Arts
The advertising minor offers an understanding of the principles of advertising, creative concepts, and research.
18 total credit hours are required, as follows:
- 12 hours from:
- COMM 206 - Writing for the Media
- COMM 270 - Principles of Strategic Comm
- COMM 329 - Audience Survey and Research
- COMM 430 - Creative Strategies Advertising
- 6 hours of electives (2 courses) selected from:
- COMM 211 - Media Literacy
- COMM 235 - Desktop Imaging
- COMM 237 - Elements of Copy and Design
- COMM 264 - Persuasion
- COMM 332 - Media Strategies in Advertising
- COMM 477 - Strat Comm Ethics Society
A 2.000 cumulative average must be attained in these courses.