To be considered for admission in the Coaching Education and Athlete Development cohort, interested students must complete the following steps:
- Complete Xavier University's online application for admission. Select "Sport Studies" as the program.
- Send one official transcript directly from all colleges or universities that you have attended for any undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The MAT is offered at Xavier and many universities around the country. Please call 513-745-3531 for more information.
- Submit a current résumé of work and volunteer experiences.
- Submit a one-page, type-written statement of your coaching experience and career goals, and how the Xavier Coaching Education and Athlete Development program fits with your goals.
- Submit two letters from professional and/or academic references who are able to assess your potential for success in this program.
Applications are processed immediately upon receiving all required materials. Applicants are notified of the admission decision as soon as possible. The admission committee considers all information contained in the admission application, including prior grades, test scores and evidence for potential for success in graduate study.
Note: The Coaching Education and Athlete Development program is online. Xavier University is not yet authorized to provide online education in all 50 states. Please check this site for the listing of approved states.
Direct specific questions to:
Ronald W. Quinn, EdD
Program Coordinator and Associate Professor