- Date: April 2018
- Time: TBA
- Location: TBA
All new and returning members audition for the Xavier University Dance Team. Senior Team members will demonstrate recommended skills and teach a short dance consisting of a combination of pom, jazz, and hip-hop styles. Dancers will audition in pairs and the performance squad will be notified within 24 hours.* Xavier University Club Sports does not hold official tryouts and individuals are not cut from the squad. All interested individuals are welcome to work out with the Dance Team. Auditions are held to determine the Performance Squad based on certain skill sets. Not all individuals will be selected for the Performance Squad.
All dancers auditioning for the Xavier University Dance Team must bring the completed Dancer Information Sheet with them to auditions, or email it to the coaches if sending in a video audition.
- All dancers must be full-time undergraduate/graduate students at Xavier University
- All splits (center, right, and left)
- Straight leg turns (minimum of 4 into a double)
- Toe touch
- Triple pirouettes (minimum)
- Split leap/grand jete
- Calypso leap
- Front headspring
- Headstand/Hip Hop stall of choice - 8 count minimum
- Black, form-fitting bottoms, a solid colored tank top, tights and dance shoes (typically jazz). Hair and makeup should be game day/performance ready with hair down and styled.
Women and men are welcome. It is recommended that dancers audition in the spring. The summer is very important to the Xavier University Dance Team as NDA Dance Camp determines qualifications for Nationals. (Incoming students may not participate in NDA Dance Camp per Xavier University policy.) If unable to attend the scheduled auditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sending an individual video audition which should be received by April 28th to be considered for the Spring Audition.
Xavier University Dance Team members should be prepared to practice two nights per week and one weekend day, typically Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Dancers who are placed on the team are required to attend all practices unless excused by the coaches.
* Dancers not selected for the performance squad are welcome to work out with the team, but certain skill sets must be met to perform half times and to compete.