- Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016
- Time: 12:00-3:00 PM
- Location: O'Connor Sports Center (on Victory Parkway between soccer and baseball fields)
All new and returning members must try out for the Xavier University Dance Team. Senior Team members will demonstrate recommended skills and teach a short dance consisting of a combination of pom, jazz, and hip-hop styles. Dancers will tryout in pairs and the new team will be announced by the end of the night.
Dancers making the team will be asked to stay for a short informational meeting on the evening of tryouts.
- All dancers must be full-time undergraduate/graduate students at Xavier University
- All splits (center, right, and left)
- Straight leg turns (minimum of 4 into a double)
- Toe touch
- Double, triple pirouettes
- Split leap/grand jete
- Center/side leap
- Front headspring
- Headstand/Hip Hop stall of choice
- Black, form-fitting bottoms, a solid colored tank top, tights and dance shoes (typically jazz). Hair and makeup should be game day/performance ready with hair down and styled.
Women and men are welcome. It is recommended that dancers try out in the spring. The summer is very important to the Xavier University Dance Team as NDA Dance Camp determines qualifications for Nationals. If unable to attend the scheduled tryouts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sending an individual video tryout which should be sent by May 1st to be considered for the Spring Tryout.
Xavier University Dance Team members should be prepared to practice two nights per week and one weekend day, typically Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Dancers who are placed on the team are required to attend all practices unless excused by the coaches.