Club Sports Council
The Club Sports Council (CSC) comprises Xavier students (Officers) elected by the student representatives of all club sports. The purpose of the CSC is to represent all club sports in all administrative matters, including but not limited to, representation within the Xavier University Department of Recreational Sports as well as the Student Leadership Advisory Board. Among its primary duties, the CSC distributes and oversees club sports budgets, organizes the Club Sport Physical Night, and generally advocates for student interests as they relate to club sports.
The Club Sports Council derives its authority from the Xavier University Department of Recreational Sports. The Council shall:
- Strive to promote the development of the club sports program at Xavier University;
- Oversee and coordinate the activity of club sports officially recognized by the University;
- Advise the SGA, the Division of Student Life & Leadership, and the University about the needs and concerns of the club sports program;
- Serve as a forum for inter-club communication.
- The Club Sports Council Executive Board shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Student Program Assistant.
- The Club representatives of all clubs shall elect a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. No two members of the Executive Board may be members of the same Club Sport.
- The Executive Board may create any committees necessary to fulfill the mission of the Club Sports Council. The creation of such committees is subject to approval by the general body of the Council.
Club Sports Council
- The Club Sports Council will be made up of one representative from each club sport. This member may be an officer of that club sport. The Assistant Director of Recreational Sports may serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Club Sports Council.
- The Club Sports Council will meet twice every month during the academic year and meeting procedures are governed by Robert's Rules of Order.
- The Club Sports Council meets to discuss and vote on matters concerning the program, report on the activities of individual club sports, and discuss the role of club sport activities on Xavier's campus.
- The Club Sports Council shall have the power to create its own standing rules and operating procedures.