We invite applications from students with a bachelor's degree and a solid academic background. You may begin the program in the summer, fall, or spring term.
To apply for official acceptance as a degree-seeking student, submit the following application materials to the Office of Graduate Services:
- Completed application (choose Graduate Studies, then Clinical Mental Health) apply on-line
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work from accredited colleges or universities.
- A résumé.
- A five hundred word minimum statement of purpose for graduate study.
- Two letters of reference from individuals commenting on the applicant's academic/professional potential.
- Official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (Call 513 745-3360 or e-mail (email@example.com) to request a MAT or GRE test booklet. The MAT is offered here at Xavier. For information about registering for the MAT, please call 513 745-3531. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1 888-GRE-SCORE.
- Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above, a MAT score of 40 or above, or a score of 4.0 or above on the analytical section of the GRE.
- Application deadlines are:
- Fall Semester: March 1
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Semester: March 1
- Faculty will review the pool of applications after each of these dates and will then invite selected candidates to an on-campus interview to continue the application process.