These pages delineate the chemistry degree history of each of the faculty members. Each individual is presented with the institution and year that they received their highest degree and the name of the research mentor with whom they worked.
As one goes back in time, the distinction among chemists, pharmacist, physicians and other scientists becomes blurred and furthermore, an individual may have been apprenticed, as it were, to several masters. Accordingly there can be differences of opinion as to the academic lines of succession in the 18th and early 19th centuries.
The department is grateful for the work of Dr. Robert G. Johnson in researching and preparing most of this lineage.
- Aaron I. Baba, (Analytical Chemistry, Left XU in '08)
- Barbara J. Barker, (Analytical Chemistry, Retired '01)
- James E. Bundschuh, (Physical Chemistry, Left XU in '01)
- Craig M. Davis, (Inorganic Chemistry)
- Edward E. Fenlon, (Organic Chemistry, Left XU in '03)
- Richard J. Garascia, (Organic Chemistry, Retired '85)
- Sheila R. Haynes, (Organic Chemistry, Left XU in '08)
- Barbara M. Hopkins, (Physical Chemistry)
- Robert G. Johnson, (Organic Chemistry, Retired '93)
- Joseph J. Klingenberg, (Analytical Chemistry, Retired '85, Deceased '00)
- Vimala A. Majeti ,(Organic Chemistry)
- Isam Marawi, (Analytical Chemistry, Left XU in '07)
- Daniel J. McLoughlin, (Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry)
- Richard T. O'Neill, (Inorganic Chemistry, Deceased '94)
- Mary W. Stroud,(Bio/Analytical Chemistry)
- Theodore C. Thepe, S.J., (Radiochemistry, Retired '97)