CFJ Summer Service Internship (SSI) is a paid summer internship for 20 students to serve full-time at local non-profit organizations and live in community on campus.
If you are a graduate student at Xavier and want to be involved in the Center for Faith and Justice, please consider applying to be a graduate Intern for our department.
- Xavier eRecruiting - has whole listing of local and national non-profit internships. Follow instructions to log-in and begin your search.
- Scripps Howard Foundation - local part-time internships for juniors and seniors at several area non-profit partners. Visit eRecruiting to tap into these opportunities.
- Paid internship with Archdiocese of Cincinnati's Social Action office - applications due March25
The Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) is offering an internship position in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. This is an exciting opportunity for students, as the work of this domestic anti-poverty initiative becomes increasingly more crucial in tough economic times. The internship will be for 14-15 hours a week for 24 weeks between September 2013 and May 2014, at $12.00 an hour. Interns will be invited to view poverty relief and reform through the lens of Catholic Social Teaching, and to develop the skills to actively participate in that mission. CCHD is especially interested in attracting low-income Catholics from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds for these positions. For an application, contact the Social Action Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 421-3131, x2660. The application due date is March 25, but applicants are encouraged to turn in applications as soon as possible.
- Community Shares - local, volunteer internships with small non-profits
Idealist.org - extensive local, national, and international internship listings
* Note: Internships and fellowships provide a broad array of compensation. Look carefully at your professional development and financial needs as well as what the organization is able to offer to ensure there is a match.